As tomorrow is my birthday, I wanted to share with everyone 19 Things I have learned by 19, and little tips for happiness.
This post is special to me, as I love sharing my knowledge with others because you never know how what you know, will influence or impact another person. As I have had many friends and family members share their knowledge of life with me, I’d like to start doing the same.
19 Things I have learned in 19 years
1. Minimalism makes for a clear mind. Try it out.
2. Always trust your gut. Secret… *It is actually your brain guiding you.*
3. If you have the opportunity to do something that you don’t normally get to do, do it!
4. Take more photos of you, your family, and your friends. They will be wonderful memories later in life.
5. Travel as much as you can. Even if it’s just an hour out of your town. Take a camera and a map and just drive.
6. Try to do things that scare you more often. I am still working on this one, it is hard, but I know the results will make me such a strong person.
7. Don’t change your direction in life for another person. If you have goals and dreams, execute them, you might regret it later if you don’t.
8. If you know you’re not happy with something, change it. You have control over your thoughts and actions. Find what does makes you happy, then indulge.
9. Rid of any negativity surrounding you mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
10. Hug your family members as much as you can.
11. Try cutting out a specific time slot in the day where you check your phone, and then don’t pick it up after that. It has been hard but now I have a whole day with lots of time to do whatever I want to do.
12. Take regular walks in nature to reconnect with your surroundings. You can’t experience nature through a screen.
13. It’s okay to eat the extra cookie.
14. Try and build some routine in your day to day life. Good habits are good for the soul.
15. You don’t have to go to the club every Friday. Movies at home with popcorn and the puppy are just as fun. Take some time for your self and just relax.
16. Speaking of relaxing, go buy yourself a massage or two. Trust me, it’s life changing.
17. Don’t compare yourself to other people. Cliché, I know. But it is so freeing once you consciously stop. Sometimes we don’t even think about it when we do it. You are you. Love yourself for who you are.
18. Read. Read books that bring you joy, read books you’ve never heard of, read books on math, theoretical physics, and books written by Buddhist Monks. You’re brain is a sponge, so read and teach yourself as much as you possibly can. Even if that book is a cook book.
19. Finally, You don’t know everything. A hard pill to swallow, but that’s okay. You’re still learning, and you will continue to learn as you grow and continuously better yourself.
I hope you enjoyed reading this and as much as I enjoyed writing it. It made me very happy and I hope it made you happy as well. Thank you for reading this post, and now that you have implemented #18 already, Go try another number!